Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trying something new today

Ok so I’m trying something new today, I’ve gotten some new found scrapbooking mojo from this site Marion Smith has and if you haven’t heard of Marion Smith, well then you totally need to check her out here on line, http://apieceofcraft.blogspot.com/


Well she is great!! And has tons of great ideas!! She also dose classes for Live with Prima too, http://www.livewithprima.com/

As do some other very talented ladies!! But you need to check both sites out!!

But Marion did a class the other night that was a tribute to Tim Holtz. Everything was totally grungafied!! And it was so great, so I thought I might try my hand at it! I’m completely into anything distressed or gruged up! Well I didn’t have everything that was needed so I’m improvising. Marion used color wash for soaking her pages in, but I don’t have it right now and I cant run to Michael’s or HobLob right now to get it, so I’m improvising with glimmer mist, witch when I asked Marion, she told me I’d have to use quite a bit, and I did, but I used a mixture of colors, so will see how it looks when it comes out of the dryer! And I’m also trying paint. Just regular acrylic paint, I’m pretty sure once that’s done it will be more pronounced, but will see. By the way I’m writing this as I’m going!lol

(Both pictures above are done with Glimmer mist water)

Ok so I thought that the paint water would come out darker and everything, but when I put it in the dryer it was really light, but I guess I’ll see when it comes out. But on the other hand, I’m totally LOVEING the papers I did with the glimmer mist water!! It looks distressed and its also shimmery! Love it! Now lets see if I can get the stitching down!

Ok, so I had a few problems with the stitching, but its all good I’ll be trying it again!! I have to get more water color paper!! I also didn’t have the sponge applicator, so I had to improvise with that too, but I still like the way my 1st little book turned out, so far at least. I’m heading to Michael’s here in a few hours to pick up some of that extra thick embossing enamel! I’m excited about that. I love new things, I think I said that before, but any ways. I need to get some more of the Tim Holtz distressing ink pads, I love these and I’ve used my brushed corduroy so much that it seems kinds dry,lol. Tim to go shopping! Hahaha. I need some of the color wash, bad! I’m liking that effect the glimmer mist and water had so much more then the paint and waster, so I need something stronger to use so I don’t use all of my glimmer mist!



Ok well I love my 1st book! I love the way it turned out, the coloring is great, I love the distressed look to it and the look of the pages is great! The only thing I’m not to hot about is that fact that when I used the embossing powder and then heated it, it looks like the grunge board shrunk. I really don’t think it did, but in the show Marion did, she said over time when you use it and stuff it will go back to normal, so its all good! Lol Love this and I will be doing it again! Actually I need to go finish the other one I started but I think I’m going to have to get color wash first, I really don’t like the way the paper turned out with the paint water. So that will be done later.

1 comment: